Saturday, September 20, 2014

Backyard Workout

I don't know about you, but sometimes I just can't get to the gym. (And sometimes I just don't WANT to go to the gym!)


Luckily, I know that I don't need to go to the gym to get in a good workout.

Here is a leg workout I decided to do the other day. 

You can use weights (if you have them), a heavy textbook, a small child, or no weights at all!










This probably goes without saying, but if you do decide to use a little person as your weight-take care that you don't drop, squash or fall on them! Not good. 





Alright so the workout:

First, warm up. 
Then, do each exercise around 12-15 times. (how much weight you are using/not using determines how many reps. Go for a burn!)

Try to do each exercise right after the other, without stopping to rest. 

(I am pregnant, so I went ahead and rested between exercises when I needed to!)

Squats
Dead Lifts
Lunges
Side Lunges
Sumo/Plie Squat
Sumo/Plie Dead Lift

rest 30 - 60 secs and repeat 4-5 times!





Tips for Pregnant Ladies like me!
  • Go slowly!
  • Listen to your body.
    • rest when you need rest
    • stop if anything feels uncomfortable
  • Only squat as low as you feel comfortable (you don't want to pull or tweak anything)
    • if your belly is in your way when you squat, spread your feet out a little further to allow your belly some room! :)
  • It's common to feel a tightening in your belly when exercising while pregnant-but definitely talk to your doctor if you have any concerns-especially if there is any leaking or bleeding! 


Here is a video of me doing the exercises. Feel free to laugh at my seriousness!

 


If you ever wonder how to do an exercise properly, www.bodybuilding.com has a great database that you can use for free. 


Also, feel free to contact me if you have questions!

For more at home workouts, click here! :)


*You should always consult with your doctor before beginning any new fitness routine, ESPECIALLY if you are pregnant!*

No comments:

Post a Comment