Wednesday, July 9, 2014

At Home Workout Using a Step

Since becoming a mom, I've found it is just a lot easier for me to get my workouts done at home.

I've decided to start posting my workouts in case there are other mommies out there (or any busy individual) who wants to workout at home too!

The first day I did this workout, my 2 year old spent the entire time either drawing with sidewalk chalk or else getting me wet with the hose (she just figured out how to turn it on-it's her new obsession). It was hot out, so I didn't mind being wet!

By the way, I am 20 weeks pregnant with baby #2 this week! Yay! 



All you need to do this workout is a step or a curb! I am wearing workout gloves because the concrete can be uncomfortable on the hands after awhile.

For this workout I did 3 groups of 3 exercises, each repeated 3 times (3 sets).

I rested between each set. So I did 10 tricep dips, 10 pushups, 10 piked pushups and then I rested for about 30-45 sec. Then I did that 2 more times before going on to the next group of exercises.

Here is a {boring} video of me doing each exercise!





Some notes:

  • Be careful you don't hit your head on the step above you when doing the pushups! (ahem, yes, I bumped my head)
  • When I do "box jumps" I like to try and pause, or balance, in a squat position - I find it works my behind a little more.


I think it took me about 15 minutes to do this workout. (It will vary depending on how long/often you take rests, how fast you do the exercises, etc.) If you need a longer workout, you can always repeat the entire workout, add some jumping jacks, go for a jog at the end, etc.

If you'd like modifications on how to make an exercise easier or harder to meet your fitness level, feel free to email me or comment below.






*You should always consult with a doctor before beginning any exercise routine-especially if you are  pregnant*

5 comments:

  1. I also love the interaction with you cute daughter. It's what going to happen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Haha, yes! She always ends up being part of my workout somehow!

      Delete
  2. 20 weeks! That flew by! But it always seems to go faster for others. :) did you find out the gender? Keeping it a secret?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did fly by! All of a sudden I have reached the half way mark! :) We are having another girl! We just found out :)

      Delete